Tuesday, April 26, 2011

a week of truth [11/30 thru 15/30]

30 Days of Truth
Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for. 
Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit .
Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.

Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Oh dear. I am going to go with my hair. People always think it is so thick, beautiful and long. In reality [the majority of the time] I am not the biggest fan of it. I think it is too long and too thick. On a good day it takes me roughly thirty minutes simply to blow dry. And then another good fifteen to straighten it. When I leave it wavy it slowly but surely increases in size and looks like a lions mane. All this is from my perspective though so alas if it gets me compliments then I will just deal with it. 


This is incredibly short but I am unsure how else to elaborate. Next ...

Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
I never get compliments on  my smile. I am perfectly okay with that too. One of my teeth really ticks me off. I had braces when I was twelve and thirteen. You know the days when you really wanted braces to be cool and then you got them and hated life ... that was my experience. SO when I was told that my braces were coming off I pretty much vowed to never do another thing the orthodontist told me because I had been listening to him for far too long. Issue: I didn't wear the retainer given to me. Stupid. Now one of my top teeth is crooked. I so wish I had listened to Dr. Anderson. Oh and I am willing to admit that they are more than slightly yellow from the amount of coffee I drink. Basically I know exactly why no one compliments me on my "pearly whites" and I just don't care much.

Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
My dearest Emery,
I have never had anyone as reliable as you in my life. No matter the situation you are the ones I can always rely upon. In good days and bad your words seem to make the tears flow and pass more quickly and the smiles to come regardless of the situation. Thank you for never betraying or abandoning me. No matter how insane I seemed or how distraught I was you were always there to make sense of the world and calm me down. You are the ones that have helped me clarify my thoughts and release my anger. It is unreal to me what I would have done on some days had I not been able to just blare your music as high as I could while shouting the lyrics out as I drove down the highway. Windows down, hair blowing in my face ... nothing could be better. Though I know your days will come to an end at some point I will never allow my loyalty to you to fade. Your albums have significantly changed my life. I will be listening to The Question on repeat every day I need some helping getting by from now until eternity. I can't say how much your music has meant to me. That sounds silly to say out loud. But you have helped me survive in a way. 
Love. 


Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Dear John:
I hate your stinking guts. 
You make me vomit.
You're scum between my toes.
Love, Maggie

Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
This question was incredibly difficult. Not because I don't know who or what I couldn't live without but rather because I have never tried to live without any of those particular things. Duh, cause then I would die. So I think I am just going to leave that particular little part of the phrase out when considering my answers. If I suddenly remember something that fits the particular qualifications I will make sure to add a side note but I don't think there is much of anything. 


My parents first and foremost. I suppose I have had my spurts of living without them. College has been a difficult time for me. I am incredibly close to my parents - I mean call them at least five or six times a day - and love going home to just hang out and enjoy their company. Coming to school and leaving home was not an easy process. It wasn't necessarily that I had to live without them but rather I felt like I had too. I didn't want to be the girl that went home every weekend or relied on them for everything so I just chose to remove myself from their grasp. By far the most difficult experience of my life. They help me keep my sanity. I could have done it all by myself but I didn't want to. The strength and courage that I draw from them is absolutely incredible. Knowing that one day they are both going to be gone is a tough realization. I don't want to live without them.


Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment