Tuesday, April 5, 2011

1/30.

As geeky as it sounds I have recently been looking up things online to blog about; interesting topics, passions people have, that sort of thing. I have come across a lot of different stuff - a lot of stuff way cooler than I could have ever come up with -and have been inspired. One thing I have decided to try is this 30 Days of Truth experiment which I manged to stumble upon on at After I Do . Each of the thirty days I will be answering a new question till I have done them all. My hope is that I will remember and have enough time to do these all in the next thirty days consecutively but that is still a tentative plan since life always tends to get in the way. So, here goes nothing!

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Alas, I am not surprised that this is the first question. I have feared having to share my deepest, innermost thoughts with the online world and yet here I am. Whenever I am getting to know someone for the first time this is a common question I ask; however it consists of two parts, something you hate about yourself physically and then something you hate about yourself mentally/emotionally. Since that is the way I have always played the game I figured I would go ahead and do the same here. 

Physically: I previously would have said my nose. But since Christmas 2010 graced me with some rhinoplasty that is no longer an option.  So I will go with my thighs. I feel like this is something every girl hates about themselves at one point or another in their life. I tend to think I have "thunder thighs" or whatever those lame-o's called them back in junior high. Whatever the name they are huge, in my opinion, and I am not a fan. Hate #1. 

Mentally/Emotionally: I am brutally honest and blunt, to a fault. The lack of ability I possess to hold my tongue when necessary has superseded anything I ever imagined. Not only do I tend to voice my opinion in everything I do, I also make sure that others know my opinion and accept it or at least pretend like they do. Being honest is something I pride myself on generally, seeing as I hate the fake, two-faced people in the world. However, I know that I should probably just suck it up and smile sometimes rather than call out every person I come in contact with. Hate #2

Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment