Wednesday, March 30, 2011

toby, josh, matt and dave.

One of my favorite things to do with a new CD is go through each song and find lyrics that really stand out to me. I am a huge believer in the power of music and how it can affect people in strong ways. There have been so many albums that have genuinely helped me get through hard times and others that have allowed me to celebrate the good times in the best way possible. 

Emery happens to be my favorite band - thanks to an old friend - and if you ever listen to their music you will know why. Not only are their lyrics powerful but their voices stand strong. I feel like as I hear each song from all of their CD's I am able to find a way that it relates to my life; that takes immense talent on their part to actually be able to connect with a listener. Their newest CD "We Do What We Want" came out yesterday and has been on repeat on iTunes ever since. It is amazing to me how words can have such an impact. 

The Cheval Glass:
The worst isn't ever the curse of the cleverest lines
Sang the song of never, never believed that you meant it this time

Scissors:
I never saw this coming, you can lose what you found 

The Anchors:
I had become more than what I had dreamed
The look of the youth but with hands stained

The Curse of Perfect Days:
I've never been scared like this
Of losing more than I have to give

You Wanted It:
We were all reciting messages and pushing repeat

I'm Not Here For Rage I'm Here For Revenge:
This is the first time that I have ever looked inside myself

Daddy's Little Peach:
When, will I be old enough to do as I please?

Addicted to Bad Decisions:
Tell yourself it was wrong when it hurts.
But the unoriginal you would have never worked

I Never Got To See The West Coast:
All the worst parts you wouldn't want me to see
The same parts, I have in me

Fix Me:
When we open our mouths we have someone to blame

No comments:

Post a Comment