Wednesday, August 3, 2011

forward not backward.

In a time when all I want to do is reminisce about how great my high school and college days were I know I need to be looking forward to all the great things ahead of me. In order to do so - and not focus on how fun prom was or how much I miss FCX - I am going to make a list. A list of all the things I should be thankful for currently and all that I have to be excited about in my upcoming life. 


1. Parents - as much as they frustrate me I know I wouldn't be where I am without them. They love me unconditionally and that is not always the easiest thing to do. 

2. Bests - these three girls are such a blessing in my life. Not only are they a constant support in my life but they also have so much going for each of them as individuals. I am thrilled to be able to live vicariously through each of them as we all start new chapters of our lives. 

3. Vacation - Lake Tahoe is going to be nuts. I don't even know what else to say about that. 

4. Babysitting - though it isn't the ideal job a 22 year old, college graduate could ask for I know that I am lucky to have found the positions that I have. Any money coming in is better than no money coming in. And the families that have hired me are so incredible, with precious children. 

5. December - there are so many reasons why December will be the most wonderful month of my year. Christmas is one of them. 

6. Football Season - not only did the NFL lockout end and I get to see all of my favorite teams play but Aggie football is just around the corner. WHOOP! I am thrilled to be able to get to head back up to College Station and see my Ag's kick some ass. 


As for now that is about all I can think of. I am sure there is more and there will continue to be more. But I am glad to know that I have at least six things to be thankful for and look forward too. Maybe the next few months won't be so bad after all. 

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of you for looking at the positives in your life! :]

    ReplyDelete