Wednesday, July 18, 2012

smooth as the hickory wind that blows from Memphis down to Apalachicola

I just got back from a road trip. If you have read any of my previous posts you know that I am not a road trip person and we are not a road trip family. So why do you ask did we drive from Houston to Oklahoma City to Laurel, MS to Tallahassee to Destin, FL to Tallahassee to Pensacola and then back home to Houston? [that's about 2,500 miles by the way] That is a great question, isn't it? Ty and his family are road trip people. Since I am now a part of their family also I get to partake in their family traditions of driving instead of flying. To be honest it wasn't as bad as I make it out to be. Ty and I finished watching season four of Big Bang Theory, and finished all of season 1 and almost season 2 of Grey's. It definitely kept my time occupied and they were great about stopping every so often for a short break. It was a lot of togetherness time, about 7 days straight, but it again helped me solidify, like so many things do, that he is the guy for me. We didn't bicker or get sick of each other or anything like that and there isn't another person I would rather be stuck with in a car for that long. I was so excited to be able to go to Tallahassee with them. Since he is going to FSU in the fall it was nice to get a chance to help him pick an apartment and see the campus; it is nice to know where he is going to be and be able to actually visualize it instead of just guessing.

The move isn't going to be easy on either one of us but we are both making the best of the time we have left here at home together. I am really enjoying just getting to spend all of our time having fun with the little and big stuff that goes on each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment